– We have just finished a series of leader development training courses. Interpersonal relations and understanding different personality types are things we have worked on. This has been very rewarding, Magnus Sundal tells, newly appointed department manager for our Høvik department.
According to Stian and Magnus, the role as department manager in Data Respons R&D Services is increasingly focused on the employees’ motivation, development and personal needs.
– As managers we have a need to know what motivates and drives our coworkers, Stian Husdal explains, newly appointed department manager for our Vestlandet department.
– This knowledge helps us to arrange work so that each individual gets the best conditions to perform well. Focusing on the human development side is quite new and very exciting.
– For us it’s fantastic to get paid to care for and show concern for our colleagues. The long and good conversations are part of work, and the human side is a dimension that offers a lot of learning for us both.
For both Stian and Magnus, creating a good work-environment is highly prioritized. As a developer you should enjoy your work. At any point you should be able to go in to your manager’s office and have a good talk about wishes, needs and visions for your job and career. There are typically big differences between individuals, and not least, at which stage in life they currently are.
– We recruit a lot of graduates directly from universities, Magnus tells.
– A lot of them live in housing collectives in the city center, and have completely different needs than a senior or specialist developer with a family, cabin and a boat. To get everyone to thrive is our task as department managers.